We gather every Thursday at 11:00am EST for a Zoom call with our camp and conference leaders. The conversation will cover a specific topic, as well as offer mutual support. We hope you will be a part of the conversation each week. You can join us online at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85286395100. The recordings of previous Zoom calls can be found at the bottom of PCCCA’s Coronavirus page.
Agenda for our one-hour call on January 28 at 11:00am EST
Our time together will focus on accessibility and inclusion. The group will be asked to share their responses to any of the questions below:
- Does your camp/retreat center intentionally serve people who have special accessibility needs? What needs do you serve and how?
- Do you have specialty programming that specifically reaches out to people with special needs or do you integrate people with special needs into your typical programming?
- How has accommodating a demographic of people with special needs affected your whole ministry and community?
- In what ways do you train your staff to accommodate people with special needs?
- How accessible is your facility?
- Focusing on accessibility, what have you found is a strength of your facility?
- Do you have any facility improvements you dream of making in order to make your site more accessible?
- What has surprised you when ministering with inclusion?
- Do you have an accessible employment policy and/or statement?
- What resources and supports are available to staff with accessibility needs at your camp?
We hope you will join us for this important sharing time.
If you have a topic suggestion for a future call, please contact Joel Winchip.