Thank you for your interest in presenting at the PCCCA/Campfire Collective Annual Conference.
This event will be held at Ferncliff Camp and Conference Center in Little Rock, Arkansas on November 13-17. The program will bring together camp and retreat leaders from across the United States and Canada. This is the signature conference of the Presbyterian Church Camp and Conference Association and the Campfire Collective. The conference has been endorsed by the Outdoor Ministries Institute of the United Church of Canada and the Outdoor Ministries Association of the United Church of Christ.
The Planning Team for the conference is seeking workshop presenters.
Our workshop sessions are scheduled throughout the week and are approximately 75 minutes in length. As a community of servant leaders, we do not normally compensate workshop leaders. If an honorarium is appropriate, please list your fee after your bio in the Leader Bio field below. If you are not planning on attending the conference as a participant, we are willing to provide you meals and the program participant fee during the day of your session.
The theme for the conference is "Building Bridges - Connecting Communities."
Christ invites us to build bridges for people of faith from various backgrounds and walks of life to gather together to draw living water from the well at our sites. Our keynote speaker presentations, worship services, and some of our workshops will focus on the ecumenical future of the Campfire Collective and our camps, conferences, and centers. The body of Christ is more beautiful when we gather together and stronger when we work together with various communities of faith. Come and see how you can build bridges with your neighbors, siblings in Christ from other denominations, other guests and your current and potential partners in ministry.
The Planning Team suggests the following as possible workshop presentations.
In connection with our theme, and the ongoing work of our ministries, the following topics are suggested. If you feel confident in leading one of the following (or a topic of your own), we encourage you to submit a proposal.
- Partnering with your community
- Partnering with communities of faith from other denominations
- Who are you? Creating a Culture Deck for your ministry
- Creating diversity on your Board and within your staff
- Marketing and Identity
- Staffing Challenges
- Creating welcoming environments for LGBTQIA+, neurodivergent, and/or racial ethnic communities
- Connecting your camp’s stakeholders - How do people that love your camp connect with others that love your camp?
- Supporting and retaining year round staff - could relate to mental, physical, and/or spiritual health
- Best practices for annual reviews and/or employee evaluations
- A topic of your own that you are passionate about
Submit a Workshop Proposal Today
Whether it is one of the suggested topics above or one of your own creation, please fill out the form below to submit your proposed session. The Planning Team will finalize workshops in September. You will hear from us then regarding your submission(s).