Site Name: Presbyterian Clearwater Forest Camp and Retreat Center
Position Title: Executive Director
Position Type: Year-Round Presbyterian
Location (city and state): Deerwood, MN
The Board of Clearwater Forest (Board) is excited to move into the future with leadership that shares our common vision:
• a love of the Church and its possibilities,
• a heart for furthering the ministry of Clearwater Forest,
• a passion to see congregations and pastors thrive,
• the need for staff to fully share their faith, gifts, ideas, hopes and skills, and
• a desire to be good stewards with the resources we have been given.
The Board is committed to the leadership mantra that we can do more together than we can individually and the desire to find a way to share ministry in flexible, permission-giving ways while supporting, encouraging, and respecting each other is key.
The Executive Director position is a member of the Executive Team (XT). The XT is expected to step out of the usual boxes and embark on this journey of shared ministry, bringing a diversity of skills, experiences, and perspectives while managing PCF on behalf of PCF’s Board.
The Executive Director will also be an ex officio member of the Board of Directors and is expected to attend and participate in all PCF Board Meetings. The Executive Director is a person of faith congruent with the mission of PCF. With a strong, skilled, and committed Board of Directors and staff, PCF is poised to grow into the future.
The goals of the Board include:
• Excelling at creating and nurturing community and spiritual growth using God’s woods and waters as a backdrop and tool;
• Equipping leaders and visionaries (staff, volunteers, guests & campers) to serve the world’s needs;
• Being responsible stewards who support and sustain our resources; and
• Improving, expanding and developing our relationships with Clearwater Forest’s guests, stakeholders and friends.
Overview & Primary Responsibilities:
The Executive Director leads and inspires PCF’s staff, Board and other stakeholders to advance our vision and mission while upholding and promoting our core values.
The Executive Director role will:
● Cultivate Relationships & Fundraising — The Executive Director will foster robust relationships with churches, presbyteries, and individual donors, as well as expand the organization’s funding base through thoughtful and creative leadership to achieve fundraising and communications goals. The Executive Director will develop new, and strengthen existing, relationships with donors and stakeholders to ensure broad-based sustainable support and serve as the primary face and voice of PCF’s Fund-Raising Efforts.
● Drive Strategy & Planning — The Executive Director will provide strategic direction and a strong vision to support the work of long-term implementation of approved projects. The Executive director will; lead the organization’s efforts in centering anti- racism and systemic equity; support and develop organizational leadership and empower the staff, the Board and stakeholders to fulfill our mission.
● Strengthen Board Governance and Financial Oversight — The Executive Director will advise and provide information and insights to the Board to engage them and support strong governance and oversight. The Executive Director in consultation and cooperation with the Board or the applicable Board Committee will create and monitor the annual budget and ensure legal and financial compliance.
● Increase PCF’s Collaborative Culture — The Executive Director will lead and nurture a deeply committed staff, board and volunteers. The Executive Director will advance a clear framework for aligning growth with mission, planning for effective team structures, and advancing internal policies and practices with the organization’s core values to support equity. The Executive Director will embody and support the development of a culture that values equity, transparency, trust, clear communication, and collaboration across the organization.
● Programming –The Executive Director will provide thoughtful and creative leadership to develop new and innovative programs while achieving programmatic goals.
And Other Duties as Assigned by the Board and XT
16595 Crooked Lake Road
Deerwood, Minnesota 56444
(218) 678-2325 | EMAIL