Site Name: Presbyterian Camp and Conference Center…Big Bear Lake Christian Conference Center
Position Title: Big Bear Lake Assistant Director
Position Type: Year-Round Presbyterian
Location (city and state): Big Bear, California
Presbyterian Camp & Conference Centers, Inc.
Big Bear Lake Assistant Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To partner with the President in giving spiritual leadership, pastoral care, administrative oversight and organizational direction to the ministry of Big Bear Lake Christian Conference Center.
STATUS: Full Time; Exempt
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Assistant Director is accountable to the Executive Director.
1. Provide spiritual and managerial leadership, training and evaluation to the Big Bear operations, seasonal summer and program staff of all PCCCI sponsored ministries.
2. Hire part-time and seasonal operational staff; make recommendations to the Executive Director concerning hiring of Full-Time staff; make recommendations to the Executive Director regarding suspension and dismissal of all Big Bear staff.
3. Work with department leaders regarding the cleanliness and maintenance of the buildings and grounds.
4. Coordinate with department leaders in the areas of: scheduling, safety, compliance with governmental agencies, and development of manuals and forms.
5. Provide leadership and oversight to the food service operation Big Bear Lake Christian Conference Center, including but not limited to:
a. Kitchen and Dining Hall – Menu planning; nutrition; ordering; preparation; presentation; service; sanitation; and security.
b. Personnel management – recruiting, training, supporting, supervising, evaluating.
c. Government compliance
d. Record keeping (inventory, food consumption, food preferences)
6. Help Executive Director develop and give oversight to marketing plan for Big Bear Lake Christian Conference Center, including but not limited to:
b. Mailings (brochures and post cards)
c. Website, Facebook,Instagram, twitter
d. Customer relations
f. Strategizing with staff on ways to increase guest retention rates
7. To develop and give oversight to PCCCI sponsored ministries. To assist in the promoting and marketing of PCCCI sponsored camps and services:
g. Develop and give oversight to a creative, age relevant and Christ centered program for both summer and year round ministries.
h. Responsible for the recruitment and selection of all program staff, both paid and volunteer.
i. Give oversight to all programs in the areas of scheduling, safety, procurement of supplies, purchasing of new equipment, compliance with government agencies, and development of manuals, forms and promotional materials.
j. Act as professional advisor to the Executive Director in developing camp policies, mission and future expansion of facilities.
k. In partnership with the President help interpret and promote the PCCCI ministry to churches of the Synod of Southern California and other potential guests.
8. Assist the Executive Director in the development and implementation of a new business and facilities master plan.
Presbyterian Camp & Conference Centers, Inc.
9. In partnership with department leaders and the Executive Director, create and manage annual departmental budgets, establish standards and procedures, and set annual goals and objectives.
10. In partnership with the Executive Director and Administrator, maintain the financial integrity, standards, and procedures as they apply to the Big Bear Lake Christian Conference Center.
11. In partnership with the Executive Director and Administrator, work in compliance with all policies and procedures as they apply to the Big Bear Site.
12. In partnership with the Executive Director, interpret and promote the Big Bear Lake Christian Conference Center ministry to all guests, and the local community.
13. Act as Director in the absence of the Executive Director.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
2. Five years or more experience in the Christian Camp and Conference industry.
3. Energetic self-starter with ability to work independently.
4. Knowledge of San Bernardino Co. Health standards and other governmental agency standards.
5. Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with guests, staff and supervisor.
6. Ability to walk, sit, stand, bend, lift and move as needed during working hours.
7. Ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate physical strength, including lifting 30-35 lbs.
1. Guests will be provided with an environment and facility which promotes spiritual growth and transformation. Guests will encounter a friendly and helpful staff; meals will be provided that are nutritionally balanced, tasty, pleasantly presented and served on time; the dining room, kitchen and other facilities are safe, clean and maintained to highest standards.
2. Staff will experience a working environment which is physically, emotionally and spiritually healthy.
3. Future leaders of Christ’s church would be developed through PCCCI programs.
4. Godly leadership and servanthood is modeled while being committed to, and supportive of the mission, and vision of PCCCI.
5. The Big Bear Lake Christian Conference Center will become financially viable.
6. God will be glorified.
575 Prairie Lane
Big Bear Lake, California 92315
877-285-0119 | EMAIL